error "More than one row returned" with GK data

Description

Praveen noted in email that GK saw a null point exception issue for the Old GK migrated Customers.while browsing the Customer related page.

I did my own testing, and encountered an exception on certain groups and centers. I'm not sure if this is the same issue that Praveen noted.

My repro steps:
1. login to test instance with GK data (jeff can provide info)
2. search for client 0037-000130074
3. click on client, view client details.
4. click on group in breadcrumb above the client - 06:02:31:0506

expected result: see group details page

actual result: error - More than one row returned
see attached stack trace.

I assume this has something to do with certain older data. If so, this is a duplicate of MIFOS-3717. Would like Praveen to confirm these repro steps.

Environment

gk data set, 1.6.x war deployed

Activity

Show:
Kay Chau
November 10, 2010, 7:22 PM

Keith actually GK came back and said they did do it and it still didn't work, so we need to investigate if there was more cleanup that needed to be done

keithwoodlock
November 10, 2010, 7:31 PM

Kay, did GK update test data and production data?

has there being a mistake with the test data then?

seems Udai's still sees nulls on the customer_schedule table fields for currency_id's (there are 4 fields i think that were to be updated)

Jeff Brewster
November 10, 2010, 8:29 PM

The test data on our internal test server isn't the data that Praveen has been using - it's an older GK snapshot that we should confirm/run the cleanup queries we have identified. I used this data set to confirm the errors found for 3717, but don't recall if I ran the cleanup on that data on that server. Praveen says he's hitting a subsequent error after running cleanup described for 3717.

UdaiU
November 11, 2010, 4:04 AM

Above mentioned query with 1.6.1 should fix issue.

There are other Recommended(but not necessary) queries that GK should run on their database.
update customer_schedule set misc_fees_currency_id=2 where misc_fees_currency_id is null;
update customer_schedule set misc_penalty_paid_currency_id=2 where misc_penalty_paid_currency_id is null;
update customer_schedule set misc_fees_paid_currency_id=2 where misc_fees_paid_currency_id is null;
update customer_schedule set misc_penalty_currency_id=2 where misc_penalty_currency_id is null;
update customer_schedule set misc_fees_paid=0.0000 where misc_fees_paid is null;
update customer_schedule set misc_penalty=0.0000 where misc_penalty is null;
update customer_schedule set misc_penalty_paid=0.0000 where misc_penalty_paid is null;
update customer_schedule set misc_fees=0.0000 where misc_fees is null;

They can run one query at a time one externally, doesn't matter if they are on 1.5 or they upgrade to 1.6.

Each query is going to update huge number of rows.

Jeff Brewster
November 20, 2010, 6:54 PM

Tested with internal GK test instance where queries had been run and instance upgraded to 1.6.1. Now able to view group without error.

Fixed

Assignee

UdaiU

Reporter

Jeff Brewster

Labels

URL

None

Story Points

2

Team

Core

Scheduled For

Release

Epic

Notify

None

productboard URL

None

Man Day Estimate

None

Components

Priority

Critical
Configure