Some organisations would like variable installment interest rate calculation to be Flat rather than fixed to 'Declining Balance'
Fixed in commit 3361bdeea9eebc6bcf72aba2ad539763add01b59.
Verified at 15/02/2012. It is now possible to use FLAT interest type, but variable installment loans have a lot of other unresolved issues.
It seems that for GLIM Loan accounts it is possible to modify schedule during the loan creation but after creating loan changes disappears.
1. Enable LSIM, GLIM and Variable Installments for Group Loan product with Flat interest rate type.
2. Start creating GLIM Loan account.
3. Select at least 2 customers.
4. On page with schedule, modify some dates and amounts.
5. Click continue and notice that changes are visibile in the schedule on 'Review&Submit' page.
6. Click Submit button.
7. On Group Loan details page, click on 'Repayment Schedule' link.
Repayment schedule has the same dates and amounts as during the loan creation (including modified values).
Repayment schedule has the dates and amounts before modification (the same as when Variable Installments option is turned off).
Lukasz, is this related only to flat interest rate?
You're right, it is a general issue with Variable Installments and GLIM, no matter if it is Flat or Declining Balance. I created separate Jira ticket for that issue: