Target audience: Mifos specialists.
These release notes contain important information about Mifos version 2.2 (code name:Maya G) and higher. In addition to an overview of the major changes since the previous major release, known issues and other information are addressed here. Please read this document before you begin using Mifos.
See Mifos System Recommendations for hardware requirements.
Software requirements are described in the INSTALL file included in the release package.
See Configuring Mifos for details on how to set up Mifos
Mifos recommends using Firefox with this release. Mifos supports the following browsers:
New Features and Enhancements
- Labels have been replaced with Customized Text
- Clients can now have loans with different multiple frequencies
- Improvements to UI in Create Loan and Redo Loan workflows
- Simplified procedure of adding new translations
- New Mifos translations: Telugu, German
- Added ability to edit user's birth date and center names
- Implemented client's photo functionality
- Added new REST API module for better Mifos integrations
- Allowed question groups to be attached to Close Loan/Savings account workflows
- Added new REST API Approval page to accept/reject incoming requests
- BIRT reports improvements
- Added penalties to the repayment schedule view
Upgrade and Important Notes
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Mifos, please see Mifos 2.2 Upgrade Instructions for important information that might impact your upgrade.
If you were using mifosBeanConfig.custom.xml file in your previous version of Mifos then you should check in the file, if there is a word "Voluntory". If yes, then you should replace all occurrences of "Voluntory" with the word "Voluntary". This situation is related to the fix of issue MIFOS-5218 .
Other Known Issues
There have been unconfirmed reports that deploying multiple instances of Mifos inside the same Tomcat installation may cause problems. We advise isolating deployments by only deploying a single instance of Mifos inside a single installation of Tomcat until further notice.
- Minimum/Maximum days between disbursal and first repayment: These settings are not optional. Use the default values (1 for Minimum and 365 for Maximum) as a workaround. MIFOS-2005
- Grace periods do not work for Loan products with Variable Loan Installments or with interest rate type - Declining Balance - Interest Recalculation. MIFOS-4742.
- Variable Installment Loans Interest calculation and fees support are broken. If you are using loans with this checked, please carefully check if the repayment schedule is as expected. MIFOS-5086, MIFOS-5141.
Memory and Performance
- Our standard BIRT reports assume a generic default database connection for the MySQL mifos database of user "mifos" and password "mifos". If your database is different than the default, you need to change your standard Mifos reports for them to connect to the right database. See MIFOS-2840 for more information.
- BIRT reports do not work if you deploy Mifos WAR on Windows. MIFOS-5089. Will be fixed in 2.2.1.
- Holidays are not changeable: Once you add a new holiday to Mifos, it cannot be edited or deleted. Use caution with this feature. MIFOS-1398
Current list of known bugs (http://mifosforge.jira.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10044\)
Use the following links to see which issues were fixed:
The project owners would like to thank those who have been actively involved in the Mifos community. Your many contributions for this release help make Mifos a stronger solution for our users and their clients.
A big thank you to the Mifos community!