For Video guide - Click on the below link
Note:- Below are mandatory prerequisite software's with mentioned versions only
1) Before beginning, uninstall any existing versions of Java currently on your computer.
2) In your web browser, go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html, to download JAVA 1.8.
3) Oracle requires that you read the license agreement, then click the button labeled Accept License Agreement.
4) Click the link to download with respect to you system architect i.e Windows x86 for 32bit or Windows x64 for 64bit.
5) Save the Java installation file to your computer
6) Run & install the Java file.
1) In your web browser, go to http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.5.html#downloads.To download MYSQL server 5.5v.
Click on download button with respect to you system architect i.e Windows x86 for 32bit or Windows x64 for 64bit.
2) You can skip this option by clicking the link at the bottom of the page that says No thanks, just start my download.
3) Run the MySQL installation file.Click on Typical button and click on Next button.
4) During MySQL installation, use Advanced Configuration > Show Advanced Options & set the MySQL ROOT Password to mysql. Then click on Save button.So your user name will be root and password will be mysql.
1) In your web browser, go to http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi to download tomcat 7.
>> Under the section Binary Distributions>>Core, click on the link 32-bit windows zip or 64-bit windows zip( with respect to your system architect) to download.
2) Extract apache-tomcat-7.0.68.zip:-
4) Folder: apache-tomcat-7.0.68, gets extracted:-
5) Copy & Paste apache-tomcat-7.0.68 folder to c:\(drive) then Rename it to tomcat
1) Open your Environment Variables:
2) Create JAVA_HOME variable:
3) Edit PATH variable:
4) Create JAVA_OPTS variable:
1) Go to http://mifos.org/ from your web browser & Navigate to Take Action >> Get Mifos
2) Click on the "DOWNLOAD IT ON YOUR OWN"
3) Click on "Download MifosX Now"
4) Kindly fill the Application form with basic information on Mifos Download Form, then click the Next Page button.
(NOTE: You could skip this part, by going to the bottom of the page,then click on:
No thanks. I would just like to download Mifos without providing additional information.) The download will automatically start.
However we would like to understand & serve you better if you can provide your organization details.
5) You will automatically navigate to a download page for Mifos on the Sourceforge website, where you will be prompted to download the Mifos application files in a ZIP format.
Note:- You could also download other versions directly from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mifos/files/Mifos%20X/
6) Once you have download the Mifos ZIP file, extract it to a new folder on your computer. Remember this location, as you will need to refer to it later.
1) Download HEIDISQL from:- http://www.heidisql.com/download.php & Save the installation file to your computer.
2) Run the Heidisql installation file & setup Heidisql:
i) For local - Provide mysql password as mysql.
ii) Click on Save button.
iii) Click on open button.
4) Copy the following database command and paste it into the large white box titled Query
5) Click on Run button to Execute the query. .
6) On heidisql, click on File>>Load SQL file..
7) Through Load SQL file window,
Run the first-time-install script, by clicking Run Query button & once its successful close heidisql application.
1) Setting up Lib folder
a) Download mysql jdbc 5.1.27 jar file from http://central.maven.org/maven2/mysql/mysql-connector-java/5.1.27/mysql-connector-java-5.1.27.jar
b) Once it's downloaded copy & paste it to lib folder, Go to Tomcat>>lib folder.
Note: If tomcat-jdbc.jar file is not available in the tomcat>>lib folder then you could download and paste it from: http://www.java2s.com/Code/JarDownload/tomcat-jdbc/tomcat-jdbc.jar.zip
2) Generate keystore
Generate a new keystore using java keytool :
>> Open command prompt
3) Configure server.xml page,
a) Go to tomcat>>conf>>open server.xml with notepad:
Below mentioned are to be modified with respect to your system & settings:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" directory="logs"
4) Save modified server.xml page
Press Ctrl + S or File>Save.
5) Close Notepad.
If your any of the server port connections are using port number = 443, then you need to change your port number to 8443, in server.xml here:-
port="443" maxThreads="200" scheme="https" to port="8443" maxThreads="200" scheme="https"
1) fineract-provider.war to tomcat>>webapps folder
1-a) Copy "fineract-provider.war" file from downloaded fineract-platform folder
1-b) Paste it to tomcat\webapps folder
2) Community-app to tomcat>>webapps folder
2-a) Copy "community-app" folder from downloaded Mifos-platform>>apps folder:
2-b) Paste it to tomcat\webapps
2-c) Rename existing ROOT folder to OLDROOT under tomcat\webapps\
2-d) Rename community-app folder to ROOT
3) api-docs to tomcat>>webapps>>ROOT folder
3-a) Copy "api-docs" folder from downloaded Mifos-platform>>api-docs folder:
3-b) Paste it to tomcat\webapps\ROOT folder
1) Create .mifosx folder in home directory & paste Pentaho folder into it
Use command prompt for creating .Mifos folder i.e md .mifosx
2) Copy PentahoReports folder from downloaded Mifos-platform folder
3) Paste it to .mifosx folder
1) Go to "C:\tomcat\bin" folder, Run "startup.bat" by clicking it.
Note: You can create a shortcut of "startup.bat" on your desktop and rename it as start mifosx.
2) Application gets started
3) Once server starts, will display as "Server startup in xxxxx ms"
4) You could access through any internet browser:-
and if you are using server port number as 8443 then you could access it @ https://localhost:8443
5) For the first time access it will display as shown below, please click on proceed:-
6) Login into Mifos, Provide user name: mifos and password as: password
Stop Mifos X
|You could stop by pressing ctrl+c key on tomcat server window & Mifos X gets stopped.|