Click the link to download the version for your system architecture i.e. Windows x86 for 32bit or Windows x64 for 64bit.
2) You can skip this option by clicking the link at the bottom of the page that says No thanks, just start my download. and click on the Save button to save the file to your system.
3) Run the MySQL installation file. Click on the Typical button and then click on Next button.
4) During MySQL installation, use Advanced Configuration > Show Advanced Options and set the MySQL ROOT Password to mysql. Then click on the Save button. This will set your username to root and your password to mysql.
>>Under the section Binary Distributions>>Core, click on the link 32-bit windows zip or 64-bit windows zip (depending on your system architecture) to download.
2) Extract the apache-tomcat-7.0.68.zip.
4) This is the folder once apache-tomcat-7.0.68 gets extracted:
5) Copy and paste the apache-tomcat-7.0.68 folder to the c:\ drive, then rename it tomcat.
Create Environment Variables
1) Open your Environment Variables: Start Menu > Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables.
2) Create the JAVA_HOME variable:
Click on the New button, under the User Variables section.
For Variable Name, enter JAVA_HOME
For Variable Value, provide the Java path (for example: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_66).
Click the OK button.
3) Edit the PATH variable:
In the System Variables section, scroll down to and select the Path variable.
Click the Edit button at the bottom of the window.
Use your mouse cursor and click inside the Variable Value box. Using your keyboard's right-arrow or End key, move all the way to the far right of the current text in Variable Value.
Add the following text onto the end of the existing Variable Value text: - For Java path example:- ;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_66\bin - For Mysql server path example:- ;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin
Click the OKbutton
4) Create the JAVA_OPTS variable:
a. Under the User Variables section, click the New... button again.
b. For Variable Name, enter JAVA_OPTS
c. For Variable Value, enter the system's memory size, for example: -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
1) Go to http://mifos.org/ from your web browser and navigate to Take Action >> Get Mifos
2) Click on the "DOWNLOAD IT ON YOUR OWN" link
3) Click on "Download MifosX Now"
4) Fill out the Mifos Download Form with your information, then click the Next Page button. The download will start automatically.
5) You will automatically be redirected to a download page for Mifos on the Sourceforge website. Here you will be prompted to download a ZIP file containing the Mifos application.
6) Once you have download the Mifos ZIP file, extract it to a new folder on your computer. Remember this location, as you will need to refer to it later.
b) Once it's downloaded, copy the file and paste it to the Tomcat>>lib folder.
2) Generate keystore
Generate a new keystore using the Java keytool :
i) Open Command Prompt ii) Navigate to the path where your JAVA>>bin folder is located. iii) Run this command to generate the key: keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA iv) Then provide the password. For example:
Answer the questions and then type y after the last question to confirm.
3) Configure server.xml page,
a) Go to tomcat>>conf, then right click on the server.xml file and select Open with>>Notepad:
b) Delete everything currently in the server.xml file. Copy and then paste the code to the right that starts with <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> and ends with </Server>.
c) Once the code is pasted in the server.xml file, the following variables need to be modified to reflect your system and settings:
i) Key store path should be modified with your key store path location (for example: keystoreFile="C:/Users/john/.keystore") ii) Key store password (which was provided while creating the key) should be modified to include your password (for example: keystorePass="xyz123") iii) MYSQL credentials should be modified to reflect the username and password used in step 4 of the InstallMySQL section above (for example: username="root" and password="mysql")
<GlobalNamingResources> <Resource name="UserDatabase" auth="Container" type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase" description="User database that can be updated and saved" factory="org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory" pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />