There is a need to provide more extensive reporting in Mifos. One way to do that is to integrate Pentaho reports with Mifos, so that it would be possible to have access to all Pentaho reports directly from Mifos UI (Reports tab).
We should probably begin creating separate tickets for each of these but possible integration enhancements include:
1) Authentication Integration
2) UI integration - Menu Link to Pentaho Reporting or Replacing Reports Tab with Pentaho Reporting Tab
3) Phasing out BIRT completely
4) Display of Dashboards within Mifos.
See a couple threads on mailing list for current discussion:
Discussion on Pentaho Authentication Integration: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mifosdeveloper/BHPOdHH9svw/discussion
Thread led by FINA: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mifosdeveloper/JIpVDkoi10U/discussion
Thread led by Kartik: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mifosusers/SyRKeB2o6_I/discussion
Based on the heading, scope is unlimited.
Description says "Integrate Pentaho Reports with Mifos", should that be the heading of this issue?
Is there more to the scope of this feature than "Pentaho integration with Mifos"?
Updated with input from various email threads on this topic.
I'm looking at integrating Mifos and Mifos Pentaho reports within Mifos. This is one aspect covered by this Jira.
AKA "Embedded Reporting" - reports should be reachable from mifos and run under mifos permissions with data scope related to the users role. Embedded reporting is seen to be important and doesn't current exist for Pentaho reports. It does exist for Birt reports but hasn't been that well implemented.
I'm not looking at single-signon.
i) main case is to be able to run pentaho reports from mifos with no pentaho server
ii) secondary case is to be able to run pentaho reports from mifos but through pentaho server - would be better with a single-signon implementation
In general looking to use JQuery pages to input parameters and run reports.
Separate out work related to embedded Pentaho reports from this issue.
1. HOW Authentication/Authorization Integration is planned. we can contribute if this is JOSSO.
2. HOW UI integration is planned? Is it one of the pentaho components? (PAT, SAIKU, etc?), is it through XMLs or through services?
3. SUPPORTING 100% . WHEN? Can we depreciate all BIRT reports in Release H?
4. HOW? Wich component or enhancement is planned to use?