NOTE: MifosX backend platform was contributed to the Apache Foundation in 2016 and is now fineract.apache.org. Mifos Community-App is a deployment of the mifos frontend on top of the fineract backend system. The listservs and links below are still accurate.
This is the (deprecated) home of the Mifos X Space.
Mifos X is an open technology platform for financial inclusion that provides the core functionality needed to deliver financial services to the world’s 2 billion unbanked. It solves the challenge of core banking systems that are too expensive, too complicated or that have no local support.
Mifos X can be deployed in any environment: cloud or on-premise, on or offline, mobile or PC; it’s extensible enough to support any organizational type or delivery channel, and flexible enough to support any product, service, or methodology. For any organization, big or small, it will provide client data management, loan and savings portfolio management, integrated real time accounting and social and financial reporting needed to bring digital financial services in a modern connected world. The platform is completely open via the Apache 2.0 License.
The Mifos X project spun out of the Grameen Foundation in 2011 and, thanks to generous support from Silicon Valley, The Mifos Initiative was revitalized as a U.S. based 503(c)3. Originally launched in 2006, the software was the industry’s first web-based and open source information system and was well-received winning the Duke’s Choice Award for Best Java Technology for The Open Source Community. Redesigned and built around an API-centric, cloud-based software architecture, the Mifos X Platform is a modern, connected core banking system for responsible financial services organizations bringing basic financial services to the poor globally.
System Core Features
Mifos X is a globally used platform for all types of financial institutions. See the current platform features here.
Mifos X Mailing Lists
You are highly encouraged to sign-up for Mifos mailing lists. This is the place for developers and users of MifosX to share their learnings, experiences, and ask questions to the community. MifosX core contributors are friendly and always ready and willing to help contributors out in these mailing lists. There are two mailing lists. Technical contributors are recommended to join both the lists.
- Apache Fineract Mailing List (Technical)
- Subcribe by sending a blank email to email@example.com
- In your email, Click on "Reply" to send the email and get subscribed to the mailing list.
- Always Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can learn more by reading the archives.
- To view online: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mifosdeveloper
- Apache Fineract Users Mailing List ( Non-technical) DEPRECATED/ NOT ACTIVE
- Subscribe by sending a blank email to email@example.com
- In your email, Click on "Reply" to send the email and get subscribed to the mailing list
- Always ask non-technical questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition, you can also browse the archives.
- Mifos Users Mailing List ( Non-technical )
- Sign up for the mifos-users mailing list.
- Send questions to email@example.com
- In addition, you can also browse or post through the web interface for mifos-users on Google Groups.
- Mifos Developer Mailing List ( Technical )
- Sign up for the mifos-developer mailing list.
- Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition, you can also browse or post through the web interface for mifos-developer on Google Groups.
Note: You must subscribe to the mailing list using the sourceforge link. When you join the mailing list, you will get an email. Click on "Reply" and send the email back to get subscribed to the mailing list.
For chatting with the community members on Slack channel, and to understand emailing etiquette for the mailing lists, please refer: http://mifos.org/community/communications
How can you help Mifos X
We currently use JIRA to create issues and track work items going on in the project so its transparent and visible to all. If you are a newbie developer, and want to pick up relatively simpler work items to get familiar with MifosX, then you can browse through Work Items labelled as "Introductory".
To get involved, review our Developer Zone.
To help you on your way, we've inserted some of our favourite macros on this home page. As you start creating pages, blogging and commenting you'll see the macros below fill up with all the activity in your space.