Integrating the data import tool with Mifos X
Fix all the present bugs in the import tool
Add new category of imports (Offices, CoA, Users, staff)
Enhance the import features based on user feedback
Document user guide
Background, Impact, and User Need
At present data import tool is standalone and one has to deploy it and connect it to Mifos X platform to use it for importing data. Integrating with Mifos X will make the tool more readily available for all users and gives seamless user experience.
Advantages of merging the code with platform:
- Bulk upload API will always be in sync with platform APIs.
- Easy of build UI for bulk upload inside Community-App.
- Import will be much faster as we are eliminating one tier.
And we will be adding other essential import options such as CoA, Code/Code Values, Offices and Data tables.
It has many impacts
- This drastically reduces the time to set up of initial configuration/data of Mifos X for organization adopting this system as MIS.
- For data entry operator, this feature can be used as bulk creation option (such as import loans, import clients)
- These templates can be used as offline store. And once user has internet connectivity can upload these templates with captured data.
- Backend API code for import (source code with comments and test cases)
- Update API documentation
- Community-App UI changes (Source code)
- User manual
Project Implementation Plan
- Import API will not have Maker-Checker workflow (meaning import action will not have maker-checker, but each entity getting imported like clients or loan may under go maker checker work flow based on the application configuration)
| || || || || |
User interaction and design
Below is a list of questions to be addressed as a result of this requirements document:
Will there a be one import module for the entire application or each modules (Accounting,portfolio, organization) will have there own import API/services ?
|Application will have only one import module and all the module will make use services/APIs from import module for any bulk operations.|
- Export functionality
- Maker checker for import actions