Installing Data Import Tool
- I want to Install - the Data Import Tool
- I want to Start using Data Import Tool, I have installed it already
Introduction to Data Import Tool
- An Data Import Tool is a Microsoft Excel-based tool created to import data into the Mifos X platform.
- Using Using this tool, one can simply download excel sheet and download Excel sheets, enter all the required information in the Excel sheet itself and upload the excel fileit.
- One One can enter multiple clients, groups and centers information in excel sheet the Excel sheets downloaded as a separate sheet for each category.
- Similarly, one can enter information about multiple loan , accounts and savings accounts given to the customers.
- If excel the Excel sheet is uploaded successfully, your entered the updated information will be shown instantly on Mifos X.
Data import tool Import Tool vs. data migration toolData Migration Tool
- Data Import Tool allows you to transfer data and perform load operations between ; a database and external files like excel sheet(like Microsoft Excel sheets).
- Importing Data data can be done in different file formats.
- Data Migration Tool allows transferring data from users to transfer data from Mifos 2.x to Mifos X.
- Data Migration Tool uses ETL (Extract Transfer Load) for database operations.
What you can’t do on data import toolYou Can’t Do Using Data Import Tool
- You can’t create offices and employees.
- You can’t define currencies and funds.
- You can’t create loan products, savings products, and their respective charges.
- You can’t create users and set them definite roles and permissions.
- Data table inputs cannot be captured.
- You cannot update client details.
- You cannot enter loans in partial state.
BUT YOU CAN USE ALL THE ABOVE FEATURES IN DATA IMPORT TOOLHOWEVER, the Data Import Tool allows you to perform all the operations listed above.
Then, why do we really use Data import toolneed the Data Import Tool?
- You can enter information about thousands of clients information in excel a Microsoft Excel sheet, and once you upload it successfully, It is as good as creating thousands of clients at in one-shot . (saves your lots of mouse clicks)time and improves efficiency).
- Similarly, you can assign loan accounts and saving accounts to thousands of clients at once.
- You can do repayments for loans and deposits, withdrawals for savings as bulk using Data Import Tool.
- You You can approve , loans and disburse with dates for a number of loans given to the clients.
- Your Mifos X username and password mentioned in dataimport.properties file , can be seen by unwanted unauthorized users.
- You need to keep the file either hidden or password protected so that only authorized users can access the file.
|Filter by label (Content by label)