This report consists of the Summary statistics, staff performance metrics and loan details of the office for which the report is being generated. This report is consumed by the management to monitor the progress of the office and to aid in decision making. The report can be generated for any date in the past and therefore comparative studies and trend analyses are possible.
- All related batch jobs have to be run for the date on which the report is to be generated. _ Loan arrears aging task _ Branch report task
Getting the Report Started
- Upload the report template if it hasn't been uploaded: Admin-Upload Report template-File Name-Progressreport.rptdesign
- Set the report properties file. _ The reports might have configurable properties which need to be set for them to be accurate and useful. _ Set the localization properties if necessary.
- After saving the properties file, login to Mifos and generate the report.
Localization of Reports
The reports have been internationalized using BIRT. Each report file has an associated properties file which has a list of symbolic names for each UI string, mapped to a label in English. The report can be translated to any language by modifying the strings in this file.
The the localization file - branchreportresource.properties is in - report/Birtreportresource in the Tomcat Mifos folder.
Alternatively, a new localization file can be created which has all the mappings present in this file, and the BIRT report can be changed to point to it, as follows:
- Open the report in BIRT report designer (see Resources section)
- Focus mouse on the top level element and click on the Layout tab
- Click on Property Editor and select Resources in the list of properties
- Enter the name of the resource file in the text box labeled Resource file
(the filename has to end with ".properties" but the extension should not be entered)
If you do not have the BIRT designer installed, you can open the report file in a text editor and look for the "includeResource" property as shown below and modify its value:
- <property name="includeResource">Birtreportresource/Branchreportresource</property>
Parameters that have to be set in the properties file
The Progress report lets you set certain parameters which are used while populating the batch tables for this report.
The properties file progressreport.properties is in the folder - WEB_INF/classes/org/mifos/application/reports/resources/ in the Tomcat mifos folder.
The parameters in the properties file are explained below:
- grace.period.days: * Used to calculate the Portfolio at Risk (PAR) metric for a given branch. grace.period.days specifies the number of days the loan has to be in arrears, to be considered at risk. If the number of days the loan is in arrears (loan_arrears_aging.days_in_arrears) is greater than or equal to the grace.period.days, then the loan account is considered to be at risk.
- loan.cycle.period(in days): * Used to calculate the number of dormant clients. If a customer has joined recently (i.e, within the last "n" number of days as specified in loan.cycle.period), he is excluded from the dormant calculation.
- replacement.field.id and replacement.field.value: * Used to calculate the Replacements Count for a branch. All clients under that branch whose field_id and field_value (as read from customer_custom_field) match the values specified in the file are considered.
- days.in.arrears.for.risk: * Used to calculate the Profile of Loans at risk. This is similar to the grace.period.days. Two variables; one for PAR calculation and the other for profiling the loans at risk exist to accommodate any difference in the applicable risk threshold for the two calculations.
- The currency.id setting can be ignored.
- Currently in Mifos for the Branch Manager to be displayed on the report, the property -
RolesAndPermissions.BranchManager.RoleName has to be set in the application-wide install-time configuration file
- Digits to be displayed after Decimal: * The number of digits that are displayed after the decimal point in the report can be set in the Birt Report UI - i.e. number formatting option.
- The MFI Logo file can be found in - mifos/report/images/logo.gif in the Tomcat mifos folder.The MFI Logo can be overwritten onto this location so that the logo is displayed on the report.