Note: Please use Firefox Browser for all translations. It's only browser that supports WYSIWYG editor needed to preserve formatting.
Make Sure You've...
How to Translate
- Select the instance of the Mifos User Manual you'd like to translate:
- You should see a screen like this listing out all the Mifos chapters:
- Select a chapter that is untranslated and click translate to begin. You'll see the current text on the left and an empty text editor on the right to input the translated text.
- Select all of the English text and images on the left (CTRL+A). Copy and paste this into the right hand text editor window to preserve formatting, headers, links, and images. Once pasted, you can begin translating.
- Begin translating! When you're done with the page, change the status from Untranslated to Unpublished and click Save.
What do I do about images?
- If you'd like to update the screenshots to be language appropriate, go to the corresponding language-specific Mifos test instance find the relevant section in the UI, and take a screenshot.
- Insert the screenshot using the image editor. Images get uploaded in the directory for that translation (i.e. /Mifos_ES for Spanish).
- Please follow tips and writing conventions listed here for guidance on adding 1px black borders to the images.