Mifos is currently fully translated into many different languages, other translations are in progress.
Full stats of all languages can be viewed at http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:Mifos/stats.
How do I run Mifos in one of these languages?
Instructions for activating a specific locale (language) are located in the configuration guide.
How do I translate Mifos?
Translation of Mifos is all done via the online translation tool at Translatewiki.net. Get started through the Mifos Translation page and by following this HOWTO for online translation through TWN. You can also download the translation message files and translate them offline in a tool like .poedit.
How do I translate Mifos into a new language?
- Translating Mifos
- Translate Mifos in Translatewiki.net via the instructions outlined in the HOWTO listed above.
- Get Translation Back into Mifos
- Add the new locale to Mifos (see Localization.java). Create a patch and send it to us.
- If you don't write code, request that your language/locale be added into Mifos. Email the mifos-developer list with the subject line, "Please add [LOCALE] into Mifos Database."
- Test Mifos with New Language (Test Environment)
- Grab a snapshot of the latest code.
- Install the Mifos WAR file as you typically would.
- Enable the new locale as outlined in the configuration guide (NOTE: User specific locale can be used after 2.2.x)
- Run Mifos with New Language (Production Environment)
- Wait for next stable release of Mifos with your committed translation
- Install Mifos as you normally would.
- Enable the new locale as outlined in the configuration guide