Directories (also called folders) where Mifos (version 1.3 and later) will look for configuration files during runtime and tests. Configuration files are searched for in the following places:
- environment variable MIFOS_CONF, eg.
- recommended if you don't like the next choice
- .mifos directory under user's home directory
- this is the generally the easiest option
- if this directory does not exist, it must be manually created
- Windows XP
- <installation_drive>:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.mifos
- eg. C:\Documents and Settings\John\.mifos
- use cmd.exe to create the .mifos folder in your home directory, like: "mkdir .mifos".
- Linux/Mac... $HOME/.mifos
- Java System property mifos.conf – only intended for developer use
- org/mifos/config/resources on the classpath – only intended for developer use
The Mifos Configuration Location is used for:
Running more than once instance of Mifos on the same server.
To do this, use a separate tomcat startup (tomcat/bin) script for each instance, and set the environment variable MIFOS_CONF before launching the tomcat server. Alternatively, you can
- set the Java system property
- use different system users for each instance of Mifos
See also: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.finance.mifos.devel/6070